Customized rates per group
This program is ideal for:
- Individuals who have moderate to strong foreign or regional accents who wish to improve their American English pronunciation and communication skills.
- Small groups of 2 to 5 people per class.
- Corporations who prefer employee training at their workplace.
- Those who want to improve listening and conversational skills with their classmates.
- People who want to improve speaking skills for presentations, public speaking, using American idioms/slang, using terminology in their profession, or for those working toward a collective speech goal.
Initial Accent Analysis
Prior to the start of the initial group session, each participant will complete a half-hour online speech recording at their convenience. Following the recording, participants’ speech will be phonetically transcribed and analyzed against standard American English in order to identify the personal sound deviations / speech patterns they will need to improve. (Includes 2 hours of transcription time each by Caroline).
8 to 13 weeks of 1 to 2 hour sessions weekly at A workplace or a neutral location
Participants will focus on exercises to accurately pronounce their target sounds, use proper intonation, rhythm, and stress, and be provided with live feedback regarding their progress.
Tailored program to each profession
This may include terminology often used in the profession or additional skills participants are seeking to improve such as interviewing, public speaking, or presentation skills.
Online Practice Materials
A lifetime online subscription is provided for whenever participants want to practice their skills. CD, Audio Sets, or Workbooks are available upon request.
Weekly Customized Practice Plans
American Idioms and Slang Practice
Final Accent Analysis
The analysis will identify the percentage improvement in your accent near the end of your program. Typical rates of improvement vary from 50% to 70% and depend on each client's time and practice invested in the program. Research has show that small group participants achieve equal improvement compared to those receiving one on one coaching.
Additional sessions may be purchased at an hourly rate to further improve skills.